Records Unit Mandate
The records unit is headed by a Records Management Officer. The unit’s functions entail;
- Ensuring the management of records in the County Assembly 0f Embu comply with the records standard operating procedure manual.
- Maintaining, implementation and updating of records classification system.
- Implementation of an effective and efficient record movement system.
- Ensuring safe custody and storage of records.
- Ensuring proper disposal of records in compliance to records management policies.
The key result areas in this unit are;
- Effective and Efficient Management of Records.
- Neat filing of records
- Smooth movement of records
- Efficient storage and retrieval of records
- Prompt collection of mails
- Archiving of Records.
- Selection and classification of records for archiving
- Cataloguing of records for archiving
- Secure and safe storage for archived records
- Disposal of Records.
- Making disposal decision as per to the prescribed laws, regulations and policies
- Developing and maintaining a disposal schedule
- Destruction of records